The first part in the lecture series (111 minutes) covers the basics of the language, its history and quirks:
- Part 1: 31 minutes | M4V download
- Part 2: 31 minutes | M4V download
- Part 3: 29 minutes | M4V download
- Part 4: 20 minutes | M4V download
- Download slides (zipped PowerPoint file)
Then, the third part covers more advanced language topics such as debugging, patterns and the interesting alternative to traditional object classing using prototypal inheritance (67 min):
Crockford is also the developer of the JSLint code-checking utility and has a Web site chocked full of other tips and aids, including a very good set of JS coding standards. I highly recommend you find the three or four hours necessary to give these tutorials your undivided attention.
Because of the excellence of this series, it gets a J & D award.
|An AI3 Jewels & Doubloon Winner