Structured Dynamics has just released version 3.1 of the Open Semantic Framework and announced the update of the OSF Web site. OSF is an integrated software stack using semantic technologies for knowledge management. It has a layered architecture that combines existing open source software with additional open source components. OSF is made available under the Apache 2 license.
Enhancements to OSF version 3.1 include:
- Upgrade to use the Virtuoso Open Source version 7.1.0 triple store;
- A new API for Clojure developers: clj-osf;
- A sandbox where each of the nearly 30 OSF Web services may be invoked and tested;
- A variety of bug fixes and minor functional improvements; and
- An updated and improved OSF installer.
OSF version 3.1 is available for download from GitHub.
More details on the release can be found on Frédérick Giasson’s blog. Fred is OSF’s lead developer. William (Bill) Anderson also made key contributions to this release.